Hey, we're Crowd.dev 🖖
We are on the mission to build the tool stack for the age of community-driven companies. Building a vibrant community around products has become more and more important - just think about Stripe or Docker. Nevertheless, there are almost no software solutions in this area and many DevRels, community builders, etc. rely on in-house solutions or spreadsheets to manage their communities.
With Crowd.dev we aim to change this. Our platform enables community teams to track members, analyze activities, and understand developer communities down to the details. Thereby, community builders always know what is the next step for their community.
🚀 What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to build a developer-focused product from scratch and take influence on all technical decisions. We are well funded and are now building a remote engineering team to take our MVP to an enterprise grade product. We offer an attractive compensation including employee stock ownership program (ESOP), health insurance, and a stipend for home office supplies.
🦸 Your role at Crowd.dev
When joining our team you would have the one-time opportunity to build a developer-focused product from scratch. You would be involved in the design and development of machine learning algorithms to provide key insights from community data, taking a crucial role in the success of the product.
🏗️ Our tech stack
Our data aggregation tools are written in Python, backed by a MongoDB and hosted on a AWS infrastructure. TensorFlow and potentially Scikit-Learn are used for Machine Learning models. In addition to Slack and Google Workspace, Crowd.dev lives entirely in Notion.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms to provide key insights from community data, such as community mood (sentiment analysis), community segmentation (classification) and lookalike audiences of community members
- Identify which AI features would be more beneficial to the users of Crowd.dev, and make crucial product decisions together with the team
- Work with the data aggregation team to identify and collect data points to supercharge the algorithms
Who we are looking for
- You have a university degree in computer science or mathematics (or equivalent)
- You are highly motivated, curious and creative
- You are used to working independently but still a true team player
- You take initiative and ownership: you are happy to do your own research and explore the field to find the best solutions for a challenging problem
- You have previous experience with machine- and deep learning in Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Good to have: Previous experience with deployment of ML models to AWS
- One-time opportunity to build a developer-focused product from scratch
- Work in an ever-evolving field such as machine learning with the freedom to choose your models and shape your learning
- Attractive compensation including employee stock ownership program (ESOP) and a home office stipend
- 100% remote - you work when and wherever you want